APPRECIATE THE EMPTY WALL


8.08.2014


We've kept the walls in our apartment sparse. In our bedroom we have a beautiful little painting of a ship, gifted to us by my parents last Christmas. The other walls are blank because I can't bring myself to hang anything cheap in the presence of such a quality painting. But in my opinion, the windows and the little ship are enough to make the room feel cozy and complete.

I've struggled the most to decorate the wakeful areas. I've considered a gallery wall, but right now even cheap artwork isn't in the budget. So we've left a few walls completely empty. I've contemplated adding a few hooks to hang a blanket and bag or two behind my grandma's cane chair... But for now, that wall stays empty too.

While in the future we'll welcome fine paintings and Henry's scribbled masterpieces, right now "less" is the economical decision. I've had to come to terms with this, and I'm beginning to appreciate the quiet walls which give me space to think.

No comments :

Post a Comment