JUST ONE DRESS


8.22.2014


Deciding what to wear has always been a source of stress for me, having to factor into the decision what's appropriate for an event, what's clean, what matches, what makes me feel good, and what looks put together. When there isn't much cash allotted to the clothing budget, the situation gets even more complicated.

This summer I made a very good decision. I bought just one dress that I've mostly worn to every event. I've worn it to a baby shower, on a date night, to a birthday brunch, to an afternoon wedding, for a family photo, to church, and to go shopping. I have no problem repeating an outfit to save money- especially one that's comfortable, quality, and receives compliments.

Buy just one dress that is sturdy enough to withstand many wears and washes, versatile enough to wear to multiple events, and beautiful enough that you are always thrilled to pull it over your head. And as long as it's a dress you really love, it will be as easy to wear as a t-shirt and shorts.


*the dress pictured is by Madewell, but no longer available.

No comments :

Post a Comment