SEASONAL SHOPPING


9.03.2014


It's that magical word, "September", that has given me permission to reminisce about the crunch of leaves, crackling fires, and pumpkins. And so even though it's still 90 plus degrees in Raleigh this week, I have begun to consider the contents of my closet. Again.

Last fall, I was pregnant, so it's been a couple of years since I've sorted through my autumn wardrobe, and many of the items in it were purchased a couple of years before that. Trying to uphold my commitment to a basic wardrobe, I've consolidated clothing down to what I plan to keep and what I plan to consign, donate or turn into utility rags for a new house project.

I'm trying something new this season - I'm going to write down exactly what I need to to buy in order to fill in the gaps in my current wardrobe. Until spring (seriously), my goal is to avoid buying anything not on that list. Planning your shopping is important if the budget allotment is tinier than you'd like and you don't want to blow half of it on that nonessential sweater just because you were enchanted by that first brisk day.

Here's my fall buying plan (still in the works), and here's hoping I can stick to it!

No comments :

Post a Comment